Baseball Return to Play Timeline - July 16, 2021
July 16, 2021
Baseball Manitoba 2021 Return to Play Update:
Due to the most recent announcement regarding Public Health Orders, we have created and released Version 6 of our Return to Play Document. The following guidelines will come into effect at 12:01 a.m. on July 17, 2021.
- Coaches are encouraged to wear a mask outdoors when not engaged in physical activity or cannot properly Physical Distance (2m)
- Umpires are encouraged to wear a mask outdoors when not engaged in physical activity or cannot properly Physical Distance (2m)
- Groups of 50 athletes plus registered team staff and officials, including coaches, managers, Health and Safety Coordinators, and umpires are allowed
- 150 Spectators are allowed at each session/competition and must always Physical Distance (unless from the same household). This number is based on the current maximum public gathering size. Spectators are not included in the participant group numbers.
- Contact tracing will continue to be required for indoor sessions
- Contact tracing is encouraged, but is no longer required for outdoor sessions and competitions
Baseball Manitoba will continue to monitor the Public Health Orders. We will be prepared to revise any and all aspects of our Return to Play Plan in the event of any updates to the Public Health Orders. We are extremely excited baseball is in full swing in Manitoba!
Jason Miller - Executive Director
Tony Siemens - President